Wild Flower Bulbs and Plants for the UK garden.
With the push for more British wildflowers to be planted to maintain our own National bio diversity you can now have wildflower seed, plugs and even bulbs delivered for planting in your own garden.
Wildflowers help support our native fauna, beneficial insects and the like, so they play an important part maintaining the environment.
You can choose from :
- Plug plants that are usually supplied in trays of 50 - 100.
- Seeds that are the cheapest way to establish a wildflower meadow in your garden. And these can be ordered to choice, some attract bees, other butterflies, and some are suited to different soil types, from heavy clay to sandy soils, as well as marginal plants for around ponds and wet areas.
- Bulbs, a number of native bulbs are well suited to wildflower meadows.
Best wildflowers for the UK
From the Common Cowslip to St John's Wort, wildflowers come in many varieties, we list a few favorites.
- Primula vulgaris is the common cowslip, great in the UK as they require cold weather for the seeds to germinate.
- Knautia arvensis is known both as the Butterflyplant and feild Scabious, and Butterflies do love the flowers
- Centuarea cyanus are the cornflowers, easy to grow and very attractive flowers.
- Anthemis arvensis or 'Corn Chamomile' masses of white daisy like flowers
- Lythrum salicaria is 'Purple Loosestrife', bees and butterflies love it and it grows in wet conditions.
Where to plant wildflowers
You can simply plant them in the border, where they blend in with other perennials and annuals. Its a step in the right direction without sacrificing your whole garden.
You can choose to replace your lawn, or a section of it and create a perennial meadow, or an annual one, depending on the plants.
When to plant wildflowers
This will depend a little on if you are using seeds, plugs or bulbs. Generally sow in spring, as soon as the weather warms a little, new growth will be quicker and germination will be easier.
You do need to wait until water logged soils have dried a little.
Choosing the best wildflowers
The trick here is to not plant aggressive species that will crowd out everything else.
Bulbs and plants for naturalizing into meadow and garden situations are a popular low care addition to many UK gardens. Wild Flower Bulbs and Plants are available for sale in bulk from many UK growers.
Wildflower seeds and Bulbs are available for sale from the following suppliers
MINIATURE BULBS & WILDFLOWER BULBS¬?¬?¬?¬?¬?¬?¬?¬?¬?¬?¬?
9 Greengate Drive, Knaresborough, HG5 9EN
Phone/Fax: 01423 542819¬?
You may also be interested in
You may also be interested in :